f a s h i o ne x p e r i e n c e
will.i.am's Fashionology Los Angeles, CA 12/2014 – 2/2015
· One of three chosen to collaborate and help fabricate will.i.am's clothing brand for a 3 month project.
Design development including creating technical flats, pattern drafting and sewing sample garments.
Projects include: creating costumes for 2015 NBA playoff commercial starring Black Eyed Peas and Pitch Perfect 2 cast.
Ace Rivington Menswear Los Angeles, CA 11/2013 – 10/2014
· Design development including creating technical flats, tech packs, hand
sketches for designs & communication between vendors in the U.S.
Jade Thompson Designs Los Angeles, CA 3/2014 – 9/2014
· Designed a one-of-a-kind wedding suit for a LGBT wedding, contracted a
seamstress and coordinated the fittings and finishing of the suit.
FIDM & FIDM Fashion Club Los Angeles, CA 6/2013 – Present
Freelance Fashion Designer
· Fashion Designer for various projects including representing FIDM at
Westfield Mall Topanga public draping competition, Fashion Club Prom
Dress Challenge, web projects with Nick Verreos, and creating a unique
painted pair of Levi Jeans for Macy’s Beverly Center display.
Civil Society Menswear Los Angeles, CA 3/2013 – 7/2013
· Technical flats, organizing showrooms, tagging & labeling garments,
organizing backstage at runway shows & photo shoots (product shots
& editorial), creating guest lists and press lists for runway shows.
Bert Keeter Los Angeles, CA 8/2011 – 10/2011
· Cutting, hand sewing, organizing at photo shoots & runway shows, assistant duties
Demiloca Productions Los Angeles, CA 10/2011 – 11/2011
Illustrator / Artist
· Illustration for the cover of Lost in Manhattan, a published novel by Moreen Littrell
s u m m a r y
A creative, independent, and innovative Fashion Designer offering the following strengths:
· Artistically advanced in design, regular & computer mediums
· Effective pattern drafting & industrial sewing practices
· Leading departments and teams
· Planning and organizing
· Strong work ethic
· Critical thinking skills
e d u c a t i o n
FIDM / Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising Los Angeles, CA
Associate of Arts Degree, Major: Fashion Design, Magna Cum Laude Grad Date: June 2012
Advanced in the areas of:
· Fashion Sketching and Illustrating
· Creative Design Applications & Analysis
· Pattern Drafting
· Computer Proficient in Microsoft Word, Gerber Technology, Excel, Adobe Illustrator & Photoshop
· Public Speaking
· Collection Development
a d d i t i o n a l i n f o r m a t i o n
· FIDM scholarship award winner
· FIDM 2011 Fall Orientation guest speaker
r e f e r e n c e s / p o r t f o l i o
Available upon request. LinkedIn | www.linkedin.com/in/jadethompsondesigns